10 Herpes Home Remedies That Work Wonders
Discover 10 Herpes Home Remedies That Work Wonders For Your Condition
Over 80% of the global population has herpes simplex 1 while some estimates put that number closer to 90%, so finding 10 Herpes Home Remedies That Work Wonders has to be good.
Herpes is the most widespread sexually transmitted disease in the world and shows no sign of decreasing any time soon.
Since the disease is extremely contagious, and can be spread by just kissing or touching, it is next to impossible to keep it in check. To make matters worse, there is no cure for herpes.
Once the virus enters your body, it resides in the nerves and does not come out. It will rear its ugly head as symptoms such as sores or blisters which will either appear on your face or genital region, depending on the type of herpes virus you have.
While there is no cure, there are several treatments available ranging from creams to prescription drugs that your doctor may prescribe, depending on the severity of the condition.
This article will detail a few home remedies that you can use to treat your herpes. Do note that remedies are not cures. These will only treat the symptoms and ease the pain and discomfort. They will not cure your herpes.
If your herpes outbreak is severe, you should use the medications and drugs that your doctor advises you to. The home remedies are excellent for mild and moderate herpes. If you use them the moment you notice cold sores forming, you will be able to arrest the situation and nip the problem in the bud.
- Apply raw Manuka honey 3 to 4 times a day on the cold sores. This applies to both oral and genital herpes. Leave the honey on the sores for as long as possible.
- Wear loose clothing so that the skin can breathe. If you have genital herpes, use cotton underwear.
- Apply ice cubes on the sores. This will numb the area and reduce any pain. It will also suppress the virus which needs warmth and moisture to multiply.
- Avoid sexual intercourse, kissing, etc. during an outbreak. Wash your hands after touching your sores. You can transmit the infection just by touching an uninfected part of your body after coming into contact with the sore.
- Clean your sores with soap and water. This will keep the sores clean. Good hygiene is essential in keeping your herpes under control. Always remember to dry the sores thoroughly. Moisture encourages the virus to multiply.
- Consume lysine as a supplement. It is an amino acid that discourages the herpes virus from causing a flare up.
- Heat some water and soak a teabag in it for 30 seconds. After that, cool the teabag and apply it on your sores. This will not only ease the pain of the sores but also prevents the virus from spreading. Remember to dry the sores well after treatment.
- Aloe vera gel is also excellent for treating cold sores. Apply it in its natural state on to the sores and affected areas.
- Coconut oil is antiviral and anti-bacterial. It is one of the most potent methods of treating herpes sores. You can also consume a tablespoon of coconut oil daily for good health and to boost your immune system. Only use virgin coconut oil.
- Apply baking soda on your sores to dry them out. The drier your sores are, the faster they will heal.
These are just some of the home remedies for treating herpes. There are several holistic herpes treatment guides available online. Do get one and you will learn not only how to treat the symptoms but also how to prevent flare ups from occurring.
If you can strengthen your immune system with natural methods, the virus will lie dormant and not be able to manifest itself as sores. That’s why many people who are herpes carriers do not display herpes symptoms outwardly. Their immune system is strong.
Find out how you can strengthen yours too and you will not need to deal with the sores and pain.