2 Healthy Snacks For The Weekend
Here Are 2 Healthy Snacks For The Weekend… Enjoy
Lemon Parmesan Popcorn
Popcorn makes for a great snack, but most popcorn is covered in butter which adds a lot of calories without adding a whole lot of flavour.
You know what’s better? Adding some tasty flavour to air popped popcorn!
Try this on for size… lemon pepper and freshly grated Parmesan cheese!
• 2 tsp olive oil
• 1 tsp lemon pepper
• 3 cups air popped popcorn
• 2 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Whisk the lemon pepper and olive oil together and drizzle it over the still hot popcorn.
2. Toss the popcorn and sprinkle cheese on top.
3. Serve while still hot.
Apple Almond Rice Cake
Now, I’m not normally one for rice cakes. They’re not all that filling or flavourful, but recently I started thinking about how they could be used to make quick and easy snacks.
All you’d need to do is add some protein and healthy fats along with a bit of flavour.
Here you have a spruced up rice cake that turns your boring old rice cake into a snack that leaves you feeling satisfied![easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B00QQQQG64″ locale=”US” src=”https://naturalhealthkingdom.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/61bU5aPixTL.jpg” tag=”glocaszon-20″ width=”500″]
• 2 plain rice cakes (brown rice cakes are good too)
• 4 teaspoons almond butter
• 1/4 of an apple sliced thinly
1. Spread half of the almond butter on each rice cake.
2. Top with apple slices.
3. You can optionally add a few raisins or try other nut butter and fruit combos! Peanut butter and banana is also great.
Low Calorie Recipes
Many thanks, Michael