Diabetes Important Facts You Need to Know
Here are some Diabetes Important Facts You Need to Know!
Diabetes is one of the most prevalent diseases in the world. While it may not be as feared as cancer, rest assured that diabetes is just as nasty. It is one of those silent killers. People with diabetes often ignore it because it doesn’t have hard-hitting symptoms that are easily seen or felt.
No. Diabetes just sits quietly in the background slowly wreaking havoc in the body’s system and when the symptoms such as vision loss, nerve damage, seizures, heart attacks, strokes, etc. start popping up, it may be too late.
Here are some facts that anyone with diabetes will benefit from knowing. This is a disease that should not be taken lightly or ignored or the price to pay will be hefty in the future. Take all necessary precautions so that the healthy you of the future will thank the careful you of the present.All Safe – All Natural – Treatment for Diabtetes
- Diabetes can affect anyone regardless of age, sex, gender, race or nationality.
- It is a result of insufficient insulin production in the body or a lack of cellular response to glucose in the body.
- Over 345 million people worldwide have diabetes and it is reaching epidemic proportions due to an unhealthy diet and sedentary lifestyle.
- It is expected to be the 7th leading cause of death in a matter of time.
- Type 2 diabetes is much more common than type 1 diabetes and it is much easier to control with a proper diet and exercise regimen.
- Pregnant women may develop gestational diabetes due to the higher levels of glucose during the first trimester. Usually, this will go away after childbirth.
- Type 1 diabetes is usually diagnosed in children and young adults. The cause is an insufficient production of insulin by the body. People with type 1 diabetes will have to take insulin for the rest of their lives. While a healthy diet and exercise will be beneficial, they will always need insulin injections.
- Diabetes can be conquered and controlled with a proper diet and by being watchful over your health. Regular check-ups and monitoring your blood sugar levels are crucial in keeping diabetes in check.
- People with diabetes can live a normal life. Life does not come to a standstill just because you have diabetes. Millions of people live to a ripe old age despite having diabetes. You just need to be careful with what you eat.
- Diabetes is the leading cause of kidney failure, blindness and amputations.
- Type 2 diabetes can be prevented with 30 minutes of exercise daily and a healthy eating plan. Type 1 diabetes cannot be prevented.
These are just some of the facts related to diabetes. However, facts while informational can only go so far. If you have diabetes, you must accept your condition and realize that you are in charge of your body. What you eat today, you wear on your body tomorrow. If you eat junk food, your body will suffer.
If you have diabetes, you are directly helping the enemy. It survives on blood sugar fluctuations and poor diet choices. Millions try and ignore the problem hoping it goes away. It won’t. It will just get worse. Gain control of your diabetes early and you will be just fine.