Healthy Curried Butternut Squash Soup
The Perfect Choice For Winter – Healthy Curried Butternut Squash Soup
Creamy soups are usually laden with calories but healthy curried butternut squash soup gives you that complete creaminess without all of the calories and fat of the cream.
The curry spices go well with the squash and also help to boost your metabolism. It’s the perfect autumn or winter soup and is a certain way to show your guests how good healthy soup can be.
Now, a lot of people bake their butternut squash before making soup so it’s nice and soft. That works, but it’s actually a lot faster and easier to cut and cube it while it’s raw and cook it in a pan.Ultimate Paleo Recipes Meal Plan
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into small cubes
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 ½ tablespoon curry powder (use mild if you don’t like spicy food)
- ½ tsp salt
- 5 tsp low fat plain yoghurt
- Get your big soup pot and heat up the oil. Toss in the onion and garlic. sauté until the onions are soft but not getting browned.
- Toss in the squash along with all other ingredients besides the yoghurt
- Bring to a boil.
- Turn down the heat and simmer on low for 15 minutes.
- Blend the soup in the blender or with an immersion blender.
- Add a tablespoon of yoghurt to each bowl of soup and mix.
You can swirl the yoghurt to make a white swirl and it looks very pretty!
Keep updated with like-minded people on all the methods and latest news on Natural Health by clicking the button below.Click To Like Us Facebook