Healthy Farmers Market Corn Confetti
Wow, A Healthy Farmers Market Corn Confetti Recipe
Kick your corn up a notch with this summer with this Healthy Farmers Market Corn Confetti recipe, perfect for after a trip to the Farmer’s Market.
This dish gets its name because it can be easily changed based on vegetables available at your local farmer’s market. It’s always best to use fresh, local corn when you can because it’s so much more flavourful! The dish is also filled with colours and a variety of nutrients.
The side dish only takes about 15 minutes to make and it’s going to instantly be a new family favorite!
It’s also great cold if you decide to make it ahead of time for a picnic, just make sure to cook it beforehand because you don’t want raw corn!
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1 orange or red bell pepper, chopped into small square bits
- 5 ears of corn (white or yellow is fine), removed from the ear
- 2 tbsp. chopped basil
- 2 tbsp. chopped chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat half of the coconut oil in a pan. Add the jalapeno, garlic, and onion. Sauté until the onion is soft.
- Add the bell pepper and sauté for another three minutes.
- Add the rest of the coconut oil and the corn to the pan along with salt and pepper to taste. Cook over medium heat for around 7 minutes. It’s done when the corn tastes cooked rather than starchy.
- Remove from heat and stir in fresh herbs.
Low Calorie Recipes
Many thanks, Judith