Healthy Slow Cooker Vegetable and Chickpea Curry
If You Like Spicy Food, You will Love This – Healthy Slow Cooker Vegetable and Chickpea Curry Recipe…
Try this healthy slow cooker Vegetable and Chickpea Curry recipe, you won’t be disappointed!
A slow cooker is one of the best tools out there for creating flavourful and healthy meals even when you’re busy.
You can set it up hours ahead of time when you have a free minute and it’ll be ready at dinner time with little to no extra work involved!Superfoods for Mind and Body
This particular recipe has the added bonus of being filled with lots of healthy vegetables.
Curry is also great for suppressing your appetite because of the spices used (though with how good this is you’ll wish you had the appetite to eat more, I did).
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- Half of a medium onion (chopped)
- 1 cup green beans (fresh and chopped or frozen)
- ¾ cup chopped carrot
- 1 can (14 oz) low sodium vegetable broth
- 3 tsp curry powder (more or less depending on how spicy you want it)
- 1 can (14 oz) coconut milk
- (Optional) 4 cups cooked brown rice (If you haven’t tried this before, you’re in for a treat)
- Add everything besides the coconut milk and rice to the slow cooker.
- Stir it all up so the seasoning’s distributed through the entire dish.
- Cover and cook in the low setting for 6 hours.
If you need it done faster you can also cook it on high for 3 hours.
- When you’re ready to eat, add the coconut milk and stir.
- Put rice in each bowl and top with curry.
Low Calorie Recipes
Many thanks, Judith