Minted Dark Chocolate Snack Treats With A Healthy Twist
How About Some Minted Dark Chocolate Snack Treats With A Healthy Twist For The New Year
Tasty chocolate and refreshing peppermint go hand-in-hand. These snack bites are great because you get a great chocolate treat but with a healthier spin so give these – Minted dark chocolate snack treats with a healthy twist a go. I think you’ll love them.Confused About Natural Health? Discover 215…
Make sure to cut them into small pieces because this is a treat and it’s easy to go overboard. I like to wrap them up in parcels of two small pieces so they’re portioned and ready to go when I’m looking for a something sweet to snack on.
- 1 cup uncooked oatmeal (the quick cooking kind)
- 2/3 dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup chocolate wafers
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp shortening
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened (fat free is okay)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: green food colouring (For effect)
- Get an 8 x 8 x 2 pan and cover it with aluminium foil. Wrap it over the edges and spray the foil with non-stick spray.
- Take out your food processor and add the oats. Grind them until they’re fine.
- Heat a medium sized sauce pan on medium heat then add the chocolate chips and butter. Heat until melted, stirring the whole time so the chocolate doesn’t burn.
- Crush the wafers in another bowl. Add in the oatmeal, cocoa powder, and ¼ cup of the chocolate mixture.
- Press this oatmeal mixture onto the pan to form a crust. Once it’s all pressed down, let it chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Add the shortening to the remaining chocolate and set aside once it’s all melted.
- Grab another bowl and pour in the powdered sugar, cream cheese, milk, extracts, and one or two drops of food colouring. Mix until it’s all well combined.
- Spread the green mixture over the crust.
- Drizzle with remaining chocolate.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
Low Calorie Recipes
Many thanks, Judith
Keep updated with all the latest healthy low calorie recipes from Natural Health Kingdom by clicking the Facebook Like button.