2 Healthy Low Calorie Summer Recipes
Discover 2 Healthy Low Calorie Summer Recipes
Cheesy Grilled Corn With Lime
Are you bored with plain grilled corn? No more!
Not when you try this recipe.
Grilled corn is great because you can get awesome deals on corn when it’s in season, it’s easy to cook, and it’s delicious!
You can toss it right on the grill with the burgers and it’ll come out great – but what if there was a way to make it even better?
- 4 ears of corn
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 lime
- Heat your grill up on medium.
- Rub the oil on the corn and put it directly on the grill. Sprinkle the cayenne pepper over the corn. Cook until the corn is tender and starting to char. This should take 7-10 minutes.
- Top each piece of corn with parmesan cheese and the juice of 1/4 a lime when putting it on a plate.
Homemade Pico de Gallo
Pico de Gallo isn’t just good with chips, it’s also the perfect way to add flavour to salad without adding calories.
Pico de Gallo is great because you can get most of the ingredients fresh at a farmer’s market, you can customize it based on what you like, and you can use it on so many foods!
It’s a great low calorie dip for chips, you can toss it on some eggs for a protein packed breakfast, or even use it instead of salad dressing with lunch!
Most people add way too many calories to their salads by using a lot of dressing but Pico de Gallo is low calorie yet flavour packed.
- 1 1/2 pounds Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped (if you want less heat you can use a serrano pepper instead)
- 2 gloves garlic, minced
- Juice of one small lime
- 1/4 tsp lime zest
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
2. Cover and let sit for one hour on the counter.
3. Stir and enjoy. If you prefer you can also put it in the fridge to chill it before eating.
Low Calorie Recipes
Many thanks, Michael