Natural Healthy Summer Food
Low Calorie Natural Healthy Summer Food
Mango Mint Margaritas
When the craving for a margarita hits, why not cut some calories and get a serving of fruit at the same time?
I love margaritas but I don’t love the high calorie content in most of them.
Sure, some of those calories come from the tequila, but most of them come from the flavoured syrups they use in margaritas.
Instead, why don’t we just cut the syrup out completely and add some real fruit for flavour instead?
- 1 10-ounce bag of frozen mango
- 2/3 cup silver tequila
- 2 tbsp. orange liqueur
- 2 cups ice water
- Juice of one small lime
- 2 tbsp. fresh mint leaves, diced
- Put all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.
Serve nice and cold. What could be better on a warm summers day?[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B00M5P6LU6″ locale=”US” src=”https://naturalhealthkingdom.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/51Fx7HXLiBL.jpg” tag=”glocaszon-20″ width=”424″]
Grilled Fruit Kebabs
When you grill fruit it brings out more of the natural sweetness without adding calories!
This is one of those recipes where you can change it based on what you like.
The ingredients are standard. I suggest picking 3-6 fruit from the list and creating your own mixtures based on what you enjoy and what you find at your local farmer’s market.
You want to make sure the fruit is ripe, washed, and cut into pieces big enough to put on a skewer.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3-6 of the following fruit, prepared for kebabs
- Prepare and chop all fruit.
- Turn your grill on medium and let it heat up.
- Put 4-8 pieces of fruit on each skewer, arranged however you please.
- Mix the melted coconut oil and honey in a small bowl.
- Use a brush to coat the kebabs with the honey and oil mixture.
- Place kebabs on the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes, turning every 30-45 seconds.
- When the fruit is softening and has grill marks the kebabs are done
Low Calorie Recipes
Many thanks, Michael