Low Calorie Egg Nog Recipe
Low Calorie Egg Nog Recipe for the Holiday Season
I would like a low calorie egg nog, is there really such a thing?
It is one of those holiday staples but it’s so full of sugar and fat it can be really hard to justify drinking it when you’re actively trying to lose weight.
Some egg nog brands have as much as 440 calories in just 8 ounces, that’s the same as three glasses of wine and that’s not even including whatever alcohol you may choose to add!
Keep updated with all the latest healthy low calorie recipes from Natural Health Kingdom by clicking the button below.Click To Like Us On >>> Facebook
Of course I know I can’t go a holiday season without my egg nog. It’s one of the things I look forward to the most!
That’s why I make my own low calorie egg nog at home and the best part is that my guests always love it!
This recipe is closer to 200 calories per serving. You could cut more calories out by using artificial sweetener instead of sugar if you choose. You can also use skim, soy, or almond milk. I go with 1% because it ends up a bit thicker.
2 cups 1% milk (skimmed)
1 whole vanilla bean
2 eggs plus one yolk
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp cornstarch
(Optional) Any alcohol you choose to add.
1. Grab a saucepan and add the milk over medium heat.
2. Slice open the vanilla bean and add it to the milk.
3. Simmer on medium for about five minutes.
4. In another bowl add the eggs, sugar, and cornstarch.
5. Whisk everything together until it starts to look frothy.
6. Pour a little bit of the warm milk in with the eggs. You only need to add around a quarter of a cup. Mix it in. This will heat up the eggs but not turn them into scrambled eggs.
7. Pour the egg mixture into the pan and simmer over medium heat until it thickens up.
8. Add in desired amount of alcohol (optional) and nutmeg.
9. Serve and enjoy!
You can sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg on top of the Low Calorie Egg Nog Recipe as well to make them look appealing.Superfoods for Mind and Body
Here at Natural Health Kingdom, we are planning to add to the Healthy Recipe Section
whenever we find anything that we consider worthy of your attention. If you come
across any recipes you think our readers might like please forward them to us, for
inclusion in this section.