2 Healthy Refreshing Recipes For Summer
Here are 2 Healthy Refreshing Recipes For Summer… Just in time for Wimbledon
All Natural Watermelon Freeze
On a hot summer day, nothing beats a slushie.
Try this recipe that cuts out the sugary syrup!
Slushies are great warm weather treats because they cool you down and the ice helps keep you hydrated, but most are made with flavoured syrup that’s full of sugar and corn syrup!
That’s not so great…
Well, worry no more because you can make this freeze out of actual watermelon, and it’s awesome!
1 seedless watermelon… that’s it!
- Cut the watermelon in half and scoop all the insides into a bowl.
- Put the watermelon pieces in your blender and pulse until smooth.
- Pour your watermelon in a shallow dish. Put this dish in a freezer bag and stick it in the freezer overnight.
- When you’re ready to enjoy your freeze, just pull it out and scoop some of the frozen watermelon into a cup or bowl. Mash it with your spoon and enjoy!
Strawberry Ice Cream
Is ice cream your diet weakness?
Here’s the solution – Healthy Strawberry ice cream
Ice cream is one of those foods few people can resist, especially on a hot day.
Well, now you don’t have to resist! We’re cutting out a lot of the calories, fat, and sugar and adding a healthy serving of fruit and protein instead.
Give it a try, you won’t be sorry!
- 1 pound of frozen strawberries
- 1 cup 0% fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Put half of the strawberries in your food processor and pulse until the strawberries are chopped well.
- Pour the strawberries in a metal bowl.
- Do the same with the other half of the strawberries.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, sugar, honey, and vanilla.
- Pour yogurt mixture into the strawberries and stir everything together well.
- Cover the bowl and put in the freezer for one hour.
- Remove from freezer and serve.
Low Calorie Recipes
Many thanks, Michael